What kind of year has 2014 been for you? I hope it has been a good one. Did you make any New Year Resolutions this time last year – and if you did, did you keep them, or flounder before the New Year had barely arrived? I don’t make resolutions on New Year’s Eve anymore. I used to, but I tended to choose ones I had no real hope of sticking to and probably no desire to, if I’m honest. So instead I just resolve to make the best of whatever comes my way, but keep it non-specific; that way I don’t feel like a failure!
2014 was a good year for me – I self-published my very first book in August (a collection of short stories which, if it hasn’t got anywhere near any best-seller lists, has at least sold a few copies and got some very nice -five-star!- reviews on Amazon) and am well on the way to finishing my second, a full length novel. I have another novel in note form, ideas for two more, and am on the home stretch with a romantic novella, which I will self-publish in the first quarter of the new year (how about that for a vague prediction?).
I’d love to hear what you hope to achieve in 2015 – let’s not call them resolutions, let’s call them ‘Hopes for 2015 ‘. Here, then, are mine:
- to publish my novella before the end of March
- to complete my first full length novel and publish it by late summer (sooner, if possible)
- to start on my second novel
- to find a publisher who is interested in a non-fiction proposal I’ve also been working on
- to help a good friend or two with their own writing and publishing projects and see them published in 2015
Over to you! And then, this time next year, we can come back to this post and see how we got on!
Happy New Year, Everyone – here’s to 2015, and may it bring you health, happiness and success in everything you do!
xxx Elaine Jackson